Rat Sex

miss_rawr

Reaction score
sorry if this a stupid question, but
i'm going to get 3 or 4 rats and i've been told that i should go for boys rather than girls as they will better tempraments and be easier to handle and what not...

is this true?

thanks for any info
:flowers:

sorry if this a stupid question, but
i'm going to get 3 or 4 rats and i've been told that i should boys as they will better tempraments and be easier to handle and wht not...

is this true?

thanks for any info
:flowers:

Yes it's true males tend to be better behaved lol and also alot more affectionate, on the other hand ive found females just as easy to care for and just as affectionate ( my partner used to breed so alot of experience with both sexes :) ) old rat site which is still running just hasnt been updated for a while lol HERE!!!.

4 rats require a large cage tho just be aware that they need more space than people actually think.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've had 3 rats over the last 4 years, and currently have 2 males and a cage that size would be fine.

The wife tells me males are much netter than females, but i trust her and never had 1.

I just got two females and love them dearly. They are very active though, I've heard males are a little more laid back. So I would think that would be personal preference. Good luck!

Laura

yeah males are more laid back and lazy and females are abit more hyper active.

My experience with my old pair was as follows.

Boy: Sat in lap, ate food.

Girl: Ran off, assaulted dog and cat, came back after a while. Eventually learned how to open cage, would go and lay on my bed.

Most reactions

Back