Random Idea

samyboy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i recently aquired a rubbernose plec such a lovely fish but very timid and is intent on not letting me get a photograph

just thinking about 1 way glass.........you know the police have like 1 way mirrors in thingy ma jiggy rooms............interview rooms so say a chief constable is sitting watching the suspect and a PC through glass. but to the suspect its just a mirror

do you all know what im on about?????

could you make a tank out of this? would the mirrors spook the fish out, i suppose if you got one you could easily just put it infront of the tank from time to time, enabling you to get real close to the fish that usually 'swim' a mile when there feeling camera shy

the way one way glass works is simple it blocks out the light from direct sunlight and creates a mirror to the person wishing to view inside but when it gets dark on the outside it changes its way and would make the inside have the reflection so its not a grate idea for a tank and also the closes you would be able to get to this is a thing called solar film whitch aint cheap and you couldent see ur tank ne ways if u put it on :) sorry to put a downer on that idea but unless u only want to see ur fish when ur side is dark its no good and it also make looking in a dull sceen as it keeps some of its blackout effect at all times

My tank (Rio 180) has a kind of reflective glass on the inside, so that as you look into the tank if you look across the tank where you would normally see out the side panells and see whatever else is in your room, its reflective, and you see back into the tank. But its done at specific angle so its not reflective for the fish, if you look at the glass head on, (from one end of the tank to the other) its just like normal. So im guessing yes its doable but cant be too good for the fish.

On the photo taking front, would an easier/cheeper method not be turning all your lights off in the room with the tank in, putting the camera on a tripod then draping a dark sheet or something over you and the camera, vicotorian photographer stylee, then its just a waiting game in proper wildlife photographer fashion. Good luck anyway im sure youll snap the little fella soon enough.

On the photo taking front, would an easier/cheeper method not be turning all your lights off in the room with the tank in, putting the camera on a tripod then draping a dark sheet or something over you and the camera, vicotorian photographer stylee, then its just a waiting game in proper wildlife photographer fashion. Good luck anyway im sure youll snap the little fella soon enough.

this sounds like fun :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back