Random Fish From Andy

andywg

Bored into leaving
Reaction score
Well, I can't seem to stop taking pics, and the fish can't stop posing, so...

To start with, some more of the fry, who I swear you can actually see growing they are putting on size so fast...

1003326.jpg

1003322.jpg

1003321.jpg

1003320.jpg

1003316.jpg

1003312.jpg

Also, a new fish. A nice Dwarf Giraffe catfish (Anaspidoglanis macrostoma)

0000004.jpg

0000005.jpg

The two newest plecs started posing, so I thought..."rude not to..."

1003285.jpg

1003286.jpg

1003295.jpg

A Ctenopoma acutirostre actually stopping for a pic almost side on (they always are side on, the moment the camera is out they face you or slink off...)

1003298.jpg

A fair shot up at the surface of the big tank showing some balas and Chalceus just hanging out

1003301.jpg

And I leave you with a fairly moody, but somewhat groovy shot of the snakehead with a Chalceus staking out the weir to prevent any prospective food going to waste.

1003307.jpg

Andy

Aww, you went for the dwarf giraffe then :wub: Can't wait to get mine... Still got those silly little bits of rock, I see :p Cool pics, cute snakehead.

Full tank shots? Ok.

in size order...

1) The dwarf tank currently keeping around 3 dwarf cories and 3 dwarf (forget species) rasboras happy.

1003331.jpg

2) The bedside tank for George II and his woodcats and rubber nose (also growing out a spotted rasbora)

1003334.jpg

3) The snakehead grow out tank. If a couple pair off I may well breed them in here.

1003330.jpg

4) The puffer tank housing 2 dwarf puffers, 4 BN and 12 BBG (note the piano, not impressive until you realise this is 3 floors up...)

1003333.jpg

5) The community tank, this will soon house a lot of the smaller species from this tank and the other tanks to make room for bigger fish in a new 4 foot tank (to rack underneath it) and even bigger things to go in the big tank.

1003332.jpg

6) And my pride and joy, the 6x2x2. I plan to re do the filteration soon to allow safer stocking. Also gonna play with the lightin (turn the halides off except for photos and put some T5 in there).

1003329.jpg

Apart from the puffer tank, every hood and stand has been hand made by yours truly.

Do you have any pics of how the snake heads looked when you first got them to how they look now?

Btw, awesome shots of the fish. :drool:

Nice pics - Love the twisted wood....

One thing - make sure the 'royal' plec is getting enough food... his belly is looking sunken ;)

I've had a look at the pictures and see what you mean. However it is just the light on the photo. When you actually look at him he has a nice fat belly and from the amount he munchies it is easy to understand why.

Thanks for your concern about him though.

Your tank looks really good. Where did you get that wood? I cant find any good drift wood around here anywhere. That picture with the Bala Shark is really good, especially the way the camera caught the light :cool:

Most reactions

Back