Ram cichlid

Soleman88

Reaction score
Hello

Need some advice on what sex rams I have, I have been told by store of purchase that they are a male and a female, but not sure now. Very much need some help.

Attachments

• IMG_5493.jpeg
    IMG_5493.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5488.jpeg
    IMG_5488.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5483.jpeg
    IMG_5483.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 21
At that age, you'll only get educated guesses. You've picked a species that is not the easiest to sex.

At that age, you'll only get educated guesses. You've picked a species that is not the easiest to sex.
Riddle me this . In the absence of physical sexual differences do you think that individual behavior can indicate male or female ? In Angelfish I sometimes knew one was a male just because he acted like one and it turned out to be so . Same with my Rams that spawned for me over twenty years ago .

Sometimes behaviour tells you, but in a group. A couple of them together, I don't know. Plus their colour signalling will be shot because they are fancy, not natural colour morphs.

Observing the individual fish's interactions is usually a better way to judge. Having said that, all males are territorial but not all males will be the same in tolerating other rams; and some females can get more nasty than others. But it is generally a good guide.

Most reactions

Back