Ram Acting Strange

quickbricky

Reaction score
ive got two rams one male and one female i think. the problem is the male is always chasing the female away and biting her. so shes always hiding out the way and i don't see her eat much. why is this happening and what what should i do about it? thankyou

when i bought my two rams from the lfs they said they were a pair, they were wrong. the smaller ram stayed stressed and yesterday it got sick and began acting stange.

Are you 100% sure it is a male and a female? How long have they been in the tank and how big is the tank?

Cichlids in general do not get one well with one another and while a pair will normally be ok you wont always be able to just get one male and one female and have them get along ok. Rams are easier to pair up with each other then other cichlids but they can still take a disliking to the partner you put in there for them.

If they haven't been in there for very long then it might be worth waiting and seeing if they get together. If they have been in there for awhile though you might have to rehome at least one of them.

i cant be 100% that the one im talking about is female or male how can i tell? she is a lot smaller tho then the other. the tank is a 33 gallon. ive had them in there since saturday.

Most reactions

Back