Rainbow Shark help

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gots2knowme2

Reaction score
I have a 30 gallon tank with 4 cichlids, 2 rainbow sharks and 2 irredescent sharks in it. I plan to move them to the 55 gallon tank soon as I finish resealing it and it's ready. All fish have been fine and all are still eating healthy. I have noticed for about the past 3 days my rainbows are at each end of the tank staying suspended facing upwards and tails downwards. I don't have a clue what is going on. I have had rainbows in other tanks before and have never seen them act this way ever. Any clues?

Pictures and short video of the fish in question?

They might be guarding their territories (1 at each end of the tank) or they could be hanging out where the water flow is greatest.

If they are still eating and swimming normally I wouldn't worry too much.

-------------------
Iridescent sharks (Pangasius sp) can grow to several feet in length and need a huge pond. If yours are still small, I recommend taking them back to the pet shop you got them from and don't buy anymore of them. They should not be sold because they grow too big for any aquarium.

Iridescent sharks get crazy big. 4 feet long.You would need an absolute minimum of 300 gallons but preferably much larger.

Most reactions

Back