quiet skimmer

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

welshy_2k5

Reaction score
heyyy .... in a few weeks in going to be setting up my forsst s/w aquarium :D ... it will be 40" x 18 x 18 :) it will have

Yellow tang
fireball angel
pyjama wrasse
midas blenny
2 emperor cardinals
5 green chromis/blue reef chromis
2 clowns of some sort ... maybe skunk :)
and maybe a watchman goby combo thing :)

is it overstocked it is around 57 UK galons :) ...

so for this system i am allso loking for a quiet skimmer ... is there such athing :lol:

the tank wil be in my bed room so it cant be that loud ...

oh and the tank will have a 2ft sump with a DSB and calerpular ??

thanks in advance :)

i don't seem to be gettin any replys :( .... don't u like me :(

ive been on www.###.com for a while .... and i get lots of replys :)

that is not 99 us gallons...48x18x24 is 90...so your probably close to 75 maybe 80. I would venture to say that depending on what your doing, your overstocked...based on what Ive been reading.

overstocked.

i have a 90gallon tall tank

im plaining to stock in mytank 2 bangai cardinals, a firefish, a clarki clown, a blue tang, a yellow watchman goby

thats going to be it...

40" x 18" x 18" is 56.1 US Gallons. (46.72 UK gallons, 254.85 Litres)
Remember that's the capacity of the tank without equipment, rock, substrate or fish in it. Once these are all added it'll be closer to 40 gallons or less.

welshy_2k5 said:
heyyy .... in a few weeks in going to be setting up my forsst s/w aquarium :D ... it will be 40" x 18 x 18 :) it will have

Yellow tang
fireball angel
pyjama wrasse
midas blenny
2 emperor cardinals
2 clowns of some sort ... maybe skunk :)

so for this system i am allso loking for a quiet skimmer ... is there such athing :lol:

[snapback]872006[/snapback]​

i would drop the green chromis, i mean you want them for the schooling effect when in essense, your tank is to small, plus they loose color when they get bigger.

i would also loose the yellow tang, not only is the tank a bit to small for him, he grows big which means if you choose no to get him you can get 2-3 smaller fish...

if you did heavy skimming and weekly water changes, you shouldnt have a problem with that life stock, just keep on manteince.

billa_bong said:
welshy_2k5 said:

Yellow tang
fireball angel
pyjama wrasse
midas blenny
2 emperor cardinals
2  clowns of some sort ... maybe skunk :)

[snapback]872006[/snapback]​

i would drop the green chromis, i mean you want them for the schooling effect when in essense, your tank is to small, plus they loose color when they get bigger.

i would also loose the yellow tang, not only is the tank a bit to small for him, he grows big which means if you choose no to get him you can get 2-3 smaller fish...

if you did heavy skimming and weekly water changes, you shouldnt have a problem with that life stock, just keep on manteince.
[snapback]883786[/snapback]​

Right on the head billa bong. The mass number of fish you want to keep would be more like the stocking list for a 150+ gallon tank. You can either get a bigger tank, or take a bunch of fish off of the list (yellow tang being the first off of the list)

Quiet skimmer = Deltec/H&S/EuroReef/ASM -- all similar design, slightly different construction, wildly different pricing (listed from most to least pricey)

Most reactions

Back