Quick Question

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
Say you have a kitchen counter that is attached at one end, then sticks out from the wall like a bar.
Say you have had a 10-gal and a 4-gal tank on there for about 2+ years. Do you think it would be safe to replace the 2 tanks with one 20-gal tank? I just want to make sure I won't be overloading the counter, is all.
Thanks for your help!

If the bars strong I can't see why you can't put a 20 gallons on it.
Test it with something heavy.

can you post a photo of the bar?

I can't post a pic right now, but it is about 1 - 1 1/2" thick countertop, with 4 cabinets underneath. All of the sides are make of solid wood (not particle board), straight from under the top to the floor (no decorative carvings, etc.).
Hope this helps! But if not, I can add a pic later tonight.
Thanks!

If the pole is really thick it sounds fine to me.
My mum had one and her pole was thick on the breakfast bar, though kitchen been changed since.

I can't post a pic right now, but it is about 1 - 1 1/2" thick countertop, with 4 cabinets underneath. All of the sides are make of solid wood (not particle board), straight from under the top to the floor (no decorative carvings, etc.).
Hope this helps! But if not, I can add a pic later tonight.
Thanks!
So you have cabinets under where you want to put your tank? If so, you could park a car on that! (why would you want to do that.lol)

It sounds like it will take the weight to me.

Can you sit on it now without any creeking or movement in the counter? Bet it is ok...

sounds like a breakfast nook type. if it is it will be able to hold a 20 gal. as they will hold allot of weight.

Most reactions

Back