Quick Question - Best Tank

Nikkig85

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my other half and i are starting to plan our first reef tank. we have desided we want to go big rather than nano, 300 liters (80 us gallon).

just wondering what the best tank would be. we can find quite a few we like but not sure if they would be any good for a reef.

cheers x

Nikkig, im sure you will got a lot of advice fm many of the experience folks on here. What i would definately suggest is that once you have an idea of what you want you go onto ebay without fail. There are many suppliers of new tanks on there, I bought a new tank approx 18 months ago. Its very similar to an aquaone tank but is made by a company called sunsun, they are a chinese company.

A similar tank from a local supplier/garden centre would have cost me in the region of £400-£500 and I got it for less than £200 (delivered). Im not sure if I should mention the company on the thread but if you drop me a private message i will give you details.

Thanks for that.

i'll drop a pm to get details.

will any thank be ok to convert to marine?

A tank is a tank is a tank, as long as it still holds wate :). If you're buying a used tank, you just have to make sure that it was never treated with copper medications. As for what specific tank to choose though, it's generally easier in a saltwater aquarium to go with one that is at LEAST 2/3 wide as it is tall, but prefferrably 3/4 or 1/1 width to height ratio. It's less of a problem for you UK guys, but an issue here in the States.

Most reactions

Back