Question

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've got the Argos play sand in my tank. It was reccomended by loads off this site.

I just gave it a good rinse first.

Just need to thoroughly rinse the dust out of it before use otherwise it will cloud your tank for weeks.

Why do you ask?

Can there be something in Play sand that can hurt your fish?

The amount of posts you see on here with people using playsand, if it had something harmful in it, why does nearly everyone use it?

As said, nothing harmful at all, but it's necessary to rinse, rinse, and rinse some more. Once it's rinsed well enough, rinse it again! Then plop it in your empty tank, put a plate on top of it, and fill your tank pouring water on the plate so it doesn't go all over the place. The plate will keep the sand in place and it won't take forever for it to settle down.

Can there be something in Play sand that can hurt your fish?

The amount of posts you see on here with people using playsand, if it had something harmful in it, why does nearly everyone use it?
the rona buy my house has like 4 different kinds, just wondering if some poeple watch out for certain things better to make sure than just throwin it all in there. thats like saying everyone puts water in thier tank, so clearly all water is safe for it.

As said, nothing harmful at all, but it's necessary to rinse, rinse, and rinse some more. Once it's rinsed well enough, rinse it again! Then plop it in your empty tank, put a plate on top of it, and fill your tank pouring water on the plate so it doesn't go all over the place. The plate will keep the sand in place and it won't take forever for it to settle down.
cheers mate, i use the bag technique works awesome

Most reactions

Back