Question On Cycling.

pinkpanther006

Reaction score
i have a ten gallon tank im about to cycle, i also have two other ten gallon tanks. Is their a way I can make it go faster. I think I read somewhere that you can add some water from the other established tank or use the filter.

use substrate and water from other tank and put your filter in the other 10gal for a week or two.

Turn temp up as well.

So turning the temp up, adding water from other tank and using filter from other tank plus using substrate would help it cycle faster. How much water do I use from the other ten gallon tank.

2gal if the tank has no desease in it, the higher temp will speed the bacteria colony up.

Will this be a problem. I have two other 10 G tanks besides the one i'm about to cycle. And both of them have fish in them.

2gal from each tank, as long as you have had no desease in the tank the water will be fine.

There has been no disease, but are you saying take only 1 gallon from each tank or take 2 gallons from each tank. And after I take the water out from the tanks will I have to replace the water I took out.

2gals from each 10gal tank, yes replace the water back to the other tanks.

Ok I understand, but do I really need to have or use the substrate. And will the fish in the tank I take the filter from be alright for a week without it.

NO, do not take the filter from the other tanks. Purchase another filter in your case an aquaclear mini or 200 and run it on one of the other tanks for about a week along witht he tanks original filter. Take the newer filter and place it on the tank you are cycling. This will give a boost of biological goodness.

Most reactions

Back