Question for L.F.S. workers

iggy01

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After reading an earlier thread, where someone was enquiring which nitrate test kit to buy. I would like to ask the L.F.S. workers, which test kits do you use when someone comes into your shop to have their tank water tested. Not just for nitrate, but the other parameters too.

Do you use the same ones that most of us buy, Hagen, Tetra, Sera, A.P.I. etc?

Or do you use the more expensive Hach, LaMotte etc ? :dunno:

I find Tetra way tooo expensive - I've used Tetra and API. Same results - in fact I found more precise with API. Double the price for Tetra (ok, well a lot more) :grr:
Sorry, I dont' work in a fish shop. I just have an opinion :p

Lol dont worry about it bloozoo, we use tetra just because each kit comes with so many tests, and so they last for a long time if we're testing customers water..

I use the sera test kit at work and the freshwater master kit at home.
HTH

Thanks everyone for the input! :D

One of the reasons I asked is because I always assumed that L.F.S. would use the more expensive (allegedly more accurate) test kits. In particular nitrate and phosphate kits seem prone to giving false readings.

I guess there's as much chance of your test kits giving false readings as any home users. :dunno:

API :) at one point in time we used the jungle strips :) but then we moved to API so if you come into my store your getting readings from an API test kit that we have in the back!

Most reactions

Back