Question About External Filter

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Reaction score
Where you turn the taps OFF, by turning the green valves to their horizontal position, at what point in the hose does it stop the flow?
My replacement hose adaptor for my EX1200 is coming tomorrow and so what I am asking is, if I turn the taps off but unscrew the pipes from the hose adaptor, will water come out? Do I need to break the syphon flow completely to replace the hose adaptor?

Hi Mel, perhaps the end is nigh ! I would imagine looking at the bit that your going to change you will need to break the syphon flow. The green tap that you turn will just stop the flow of water coming out of the bit the hoses are attached to. You will definately need to have a bucket to hand when you do the change over.

Anyway good luck and let me know how it goes.............im still waiting my replacement........and im still leaking after greasing my O-ring :shout:

The green taps stop the water before the hose connector. When you unscrew the hose adapter from the taps, with the taps closed, a small amount of water will escape, but not a lot :good: No need to break the syphon :no:

HTH
Rabbut

I will bow to your greater knowledge Rabbut :good: , thinking about it when you close the taps that should stop the flow to a greater extent anyway :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back