Question About Bio Bags?

jeepgirl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello I have a silly question I have never used bio bags before so I don't know much about them I am used to the ones with the separate filter and the separate bio and the ones with the filter and the bio wheels so I had this fish tank that was gave to me and it came with a bio bag how does it actually work??? Is it like a all in one kind of thing?

Bio bag is Tetra right? It's just filter mesh filled with carbon. I don't prefer them since you throw out the whole filter instead of just reusing the mesh and changing the carbon; beneficial bacteria can't thrive if you keep throwing out media it lives on. I use a filter that has a separate sponge, carbon pack and bio media. I just rinse the sponge off with tank water if it gets too dirty, and it preserves the bacteria living on it.

Bio bag is Tetra right? It's just filter mesh filled with carbon. I don't prefer them since you throw out the whole filter instead of just reusing the mesh and changing the carbon; beneficial bacteria can't thrive if you keep throwing out media it lives on. I use a filter that has a separate sponge, carbon pack and bio media. I just rinse the sponge off with tank water if it gets too dirty, and it preserves the bacteria living on it.

Thank you for your advice I appreciate it!

I must say that I have never heard of those people. Unfortunately that means I cannot decide easily whether or not to agree with any recommendations they may have.

Most reactions

Back