Pygmy Cories

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JellOh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a shoal of pygmy cories, but first I'd like to know what level they swim at? (Upper, middle, or bottom) If they don't remain at the bottom, are there any cories that suitable for a 13 gallon aquarium that keep to the bottom layer?

Pygmies do tend to swim midwater some of the time.

What are the dimensions of the tank, and are there any other fish in there?

The tank is 24" long, 17" tall, and 18.5" deep. I was hoping to have a shoal of Chilli Rasbora, about 4 Dario Dario (1m 3f), and some bottom dwelling fish.

Sounds nice
smile.png

Salt and pepper cories (Corydoras habrosus, not the peppered cories; they'll get too big) stay more on the bottom than pygmies or the C. hastatus, so they'd be a good choice, if you can find them.

Yeah i would say C. hastatus would be your best bet

pygmy Cory's are awesome my cousin has some in his tank and the are very active fish and school very well. they tend to swim in the middle and the bottom of the tank equally from what I observed and usually when they're in the middle they're darting up for a gulp of air. He also has some false julii Corys that are about an inch and they just sit on the bottom. they're not as active but they're still cool to.

Thanks guys, I think that I'll go with C. hastatus. Now to find the perfect piece of drift wood.

I really like the panda Cory's mine are always active on the bottom and then they only shoot up for air and May rest half way up the tank on my piece of rock but otherwise they stay at the bottom from Tom

Most reactions

Back