Puting Gouramis And A Black Shark Together

Fizban

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have 2 tanks right now that take about 49 gallons each but soon when i move i am going to buy a 110 gallion tank cuz the shark needs more room to grew the problem is room to put my tanks i will be giveing the tank i had the shark in befor to a friend but with the new 110 gallon tank takeing up alot of room realy i am realyhopeing i can get rid of the other 49 gallon tank as well and just put the gouramis in the big tank with the shark......the black shark lives with a few cory and some neon tera a albino bristlenose pleco and 2 Siamese Algae Eater i have had no problems with him eating or killing or attacking any of the fish in there he grew up as a baby with most of them he could probly now swollow a neon tetra if he wanted to but he just swims rownd his tank looking happy and some times peering out from his cave .............................is there a chance the gouramis will go in there okay?

How you managed to say that all in one breath il never know.

Anyway, with the gouramis. This toatally depends on the sp.. If you have dwarf gouramis, they may well be eaten. If you have Giant gouramis, they need a much bigger tank, but will get on ok.

its a black shark they grew to about 2 foot i think ....the red tail black shark are alot smaller when at full size i think i could be wrong there cuz i have not looked in to the red tail black shark much cuz i dont have one ...oh and im now going to put a Jack Dempsey with shark cuz i herd it should be okay and i think it would look nice thanks every one for the info

ok i sorry i can't help cuz i got a red tail and gouramis and there fine the only other thing i could say would be to make sure the shark well fed

hehehe as he gets bigger i am needing to feed him more and spend most cash on him and im going to have to get him a new cave cuz when he was small i got a ruther small cave now his head is sticking out one end and his tail the other i am glad i will be geting a new tank soon so i can put some thing realy big for him to hide in cuz if this keeps up he will get stuck one of my friends fish got stuck in a pipe it was hard to get out the fish lived it was lucky oh and it was a typ big fish as well ..........................oh and the red tail black shark is a realy nice looking fish to have if i did not get the black fish from a friend for free i may have got one but now i wont cuz the black shark gets aggressive to fish that look like the same typ of fish

YEAH I HAVE A RED TAILED BLACK SHARK IN WITH DWARF GOURAMI`S AND A GOLDEN GOURAMI THEYRE ALL FINE, THE SHARK SUMTIMES CHASES EM BUT NO REAL DAMAGE, JUST A WARNING I THINK COS ITS GETTING ABIT MORE BIGGER NOW SO HES GETTING ABIT MORE GAME LOL HOW BIGS YOUR SHARKS ? MINES ONLY 2" IT GREW PRETTY QUICK LIKE AND IT HIDES BUT MOSTLY SWIMMING ABOUT ALL OBVER, VERY ENERGETIC AND REALLY NICE LOOKING FISH

BIG SHARK :good:

:no:
More than likely if you give it time the black shark is going to terrorise anything and everything you keep it with.....
They are quite simply EVIL :devil:

I think black sharks are better suited with large cichlids. Ive got mine with a full grown red devil, a jack, a lerperinus and a bunch of africans.

YEAH I HAVE A RED TAILED BLACK SHARK IN WITH DWARF GOURAMI`S AND A GOLDEN GOURAMI THEYRE ALL FINE
2 points. We are not talking about a Red Tailed Black Shark, (RTBS), which is a very different, and MUCH smaller fish. Second, writing in UPPER CASE IS CONSIDERED TO BE SHOUTING and so you probably don't want to do that.

:no:
More than likely if you give it time the black shark is going to terrorise anything and everything you keep it with.....
They are quite simply EVIL :devil:

Evil but cool:)

if these are full sized Gouramis, the HUGE ones, like the real ones..... I dont; see a problem other than the tank being too small eventually for your kitty cat fish.

Most reactions

Back