Pure water for sale?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Prison Shepherd

Reaction score
Hi,
Having big problems with my tap water and NITRATES.......Don't really want to buy a R/O!, Is there anywhere in the UK that I can buy R/O'd water, or water that has a low Nitrate level?
i am getting fed up of water changes which keep the No3 at the same level :angry:

Ive recently bought a nitrate filter, you connect it to the the tap when needed, the water is filtered and nitrates aswell as phosphates are removed, it lasts forever as after so long you just recharge it using saltwater.

My tap water is 50ppm and it comes out at 0

You can buy RO water from good fish shops, costs £3.50 for 6 gallons from my local one

Most shops over here sell RO water.... especially the ones that specialize in saltwater stuff.... but most don't advertise it. Just ask someone at the LFS.

Lots of fast-growing plants might solve your problem...

Maestro, Can you tell me were you got your filter from, and how much? :)

My LFS's don't sell water, well not that I know off and i have many plants, I have just added a fast growing surface plant (can't spell the name)so i am hoping that will help......thanks for the tips :D

My filter cost £33 and i got it from the Coral Bazaar in tadworth, Surrey

Maidenhead Aquatics sell RO water for £3.50 for 25 litres. I use it as 25-30% of my tank volume to counter the hard water and high pH from my tap.

Well Over here in the US they sell salt-fee RO water for .20 cents a gallon. I use that for my tanks when I breed or I run out of conditioner.

bshockstubb said:
Well Over here in the US they sell salt-fee RO water for .20 cents a gallon. I use that for my tanks when I breed or I run out of conditioner.
LOL! :D That comparison in price is as good as the difference in petrol prices!

CathyG said:
bshockstubb said:
LOL! :D That comparison in price is as good as the difference in petrol prices!
I'm still waiting for the gas prices to drop for all this oil we're supposedly getting from invading Iraq :p ;)

My LFS charges $.29 per gallon for basic RO water, or $.89 per gallon for pre-mixed salt-water with a specific gravity of 1.023

Most reactions

Back