Puffers?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ben1

Reaction score
I have a tank that is 18 gals (30*16*12 deep) i would like to put 3-4 dwarf puffers or 1 figure eight. What should i have. i will be putting my pair of kribs in and i no puffers nip but the kribensis will not let them they are very fast as well :D :D :D :D
i will have loads of plnt so htere are places to haide so what will it be figure 8 of dwarfs????????? :/ :crazy:
cheers Ben

Puffers are best for a species only tank. They need a lot of care as teeth/beak needs constant wearing down form snails. great fish to keep but very hard to keep, would never advise as a first fish no matter how cute they look!

thanks i have put loads of snails in so when i get them they will have a good food supply. i have been kepping fish for 8 years and have spent lots of time looking up about them. so what should i get.
cheers ben

depends what you fancy, if it s me the dwarfs!

sorry cryosi my tank is 25 gals does this change you view on a figure 8

i'd go for a few in a tank depending on species! and how many the tank holds and how many each species like in a tank etc...

the kribs will not be in the tank for a few weeks so the puffers/puffer. how many dwarfs should in get i waz thinking of 2 female and a mae or should i make the group larger so the nip each other.
cheers Ben

do you think that i could put a pair of figure 8'S IN

Hi Ben.

In a 25 you could have 1 male and 2 or 3 female Dwarfs comfortably, If you go with the figure 8's I don't think that the 25 would be enough for 2 as they are a little more territorial, plus if you go with the 8's you are going to have to climatize your Kribs to Brackish water. If you are going to go with the Dwarfs they are true FW puffers so you won't have to change the Kribs over to BW. One of the tricks I have found with the Dwarf Puffers to keep the nipping to a minimum is to break up their lines of sight with stragically places plants, and contouring the bottom so that their are "hills & valleys" , I find that they will take up residence in a valley and leave the other dwarfs alone unless they are invaded.

HTH

Don

Most reactions

Back