Pufferfish, What Do You Know About Them?

SAP's are a favourite for freshwater and are the most compatible if you want to achieve a community setup. The beak/teeth is different in every puffer as I own two SAP's and one has basically no beak and the other does. one of them eat or bites algae wafer so this may be the reason why his teeth are almost non existant. Listen to Dark enternity and Fella they have adviced me previously and have helped. They can fin nip, but usually at feeding times and they do have an intellectual side and differ in personalities in my opinion. They're also quite sensitive little specimins.Do you now know what type of puffers you want? Fresh/Salt/Brackish?dwarf puffers are neat, but are definitely not for community setupsread up before you decide anything :good:good luck
from my experience with freshwater puffers I've learned thismbu and fahaka = expensive and needs a massive tank (fahaka being the nicest looking puffer you can get in my opinion)dwarf puffer = assholes, they nip at everything and wear down other fishfigure 8 / spotted = easiest to care for, add some salt, give them snails a couple times a week...usually get along with other fish as long as they're not slow or have long finsred eye = pretty aggressive , seems to hate other fish and from my experience more prone to disease than the other puffersfor a beginner, go with the figure 8, the dwarf or pea puffer may be a little hardier but they will torture your other fishhope that helps
I'd agree :good: I've seen a Mbu puffer at my lfs and he's great, when he's hungry he'll blow the gravel to search for food :)

Most reactions

Back