Proffesional Aquariasts...

Monte20

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
There is a 250 marine tank in my wifes office. The office owns the tank, and inhabitants. They pay someone 800 usd a month to maintain the tank. after talking to the guy that works on it, i find out that he owns a several tanks out in town. a few at rubios and some hotels downtown. the buisnesses lease these tanks from him from around 300-1700 usd a month, depending on size type. thats a decent living right there. and doing something that you love helps a lot.

:blink: WOW. I had no idea you could make a living doing that. Sounds cool but he must really know his stuff if those are salt water tanks. The big marine tanks look gorgeous, that's for sure. Thanks for the FYI. :)

We have, and still do, supplied several buisinesses with tanks in the UK that do something similar, except that most of their clients rent the tanks and equipment, and the company visits on a regular basis to carry out maintenance, check water parameters, etc. One of the people we deal with has been doing this for at least 20 years; his clients are all within about a 20 mile radius of where he lives (in one of our larger cities).

That would be a fun job, but not quite as fun as opera singing for me, but still fun! :)

Most reactions

Back