Problem With My Yellow Labs

Xcitz

Reaction score
Hey, we have had a mature female for a little while on her own, so decided to get her a mate.
My girlfriend picked the most dominant looking male for her, and she just seemed to pester it all the time (pecking on the egg spot) and it eventually died as we went away for the weekend and the person next door was looking after them
Now she is doing it to a smaller male and i'm worried he will die due to stress and such too.
Is there a way to calm her down at all?

hi , a couple of points . yellow labs should really be in groups , ideally 6 or more . they are also next to impossible to visually sex . the only way to know for sure is to vent them . imo adding at least 4 more would help things greatly .

hi , a couple of points . yellow labs should really be in groups , ideally 6 or more . they are also next to impossible to visually sex . the only way to know for sure is to vent them . imo adding at least 4 more would help things greatly .

+1

Currently we have 4 but seems the biggest out of the 4 keeps bullying other bigger Labs to death :(

Tank is 200 Litres, there are quite a few other tank mates, but all juvenile size at the moment apart from the yellow Labs we are trying to mix

As mark said should ideally be kept in larger groups, most people assume the labidochromis caeruleus (yellow lab)been a are more peaceful species but they can be just as bad as any other mbuna. Try mixing the rockwork round a little see if that helps :good:

Most reactions

Back