Problem Already

So sorry about your guy. I dont name mine now for that reason it seems to jinx them, but that is a stupid thing to say. I cant keep cts. my tap water is much too hard even with conditioner in. Dont cut yourself up about if, just a learning curve!
If you are going to get another it is worth finding a plastic container in case they become ill! :good:

Thanks Liz, I know it may sound bad asking this, but how long should i wait before buying another betta? I got attatched to him on the first day i had him, so im not happy i lost him. Next time, im not going to get too involved, or name it until hes been with me a few weeks.

You can soften water using some peat in a bag or tied in a pop sock/tights. It'll turn your water a bit brown though.

i think im going to just get a vt, its put me off getting another crowntail. Does anyone know how long i should leave it before buying a new fish?

but if i add another fish this week, will the bacteria still be in the tank and attack the new fish?

what i would do is its sunday empty all the tank wash all the stuff in bottled water if possible or tap water with de clorine in it let the stuff dry and make sure everything is washed cleaned and dry leave over night 9hours around then put all back in fill with bottled water or de clorine but put alot more then u normally would in then try and buy this stuff at ur lfs that speeds up the cycle can not remeber what it called that should take a day or two to cycle but leave for a extra day so doing all this add fish by wed thur or friday longer u wait could be the better but its exciteing inst it totaly up to you

run the meds for the stated amount of time, then a few extra days then do a big water change, and check your levels

well stripping down the tank isnt an option unforunately, due to other tank inhabitants. So i will have to continue treating the tank and do a large water change at the end of it.

Most reactions

Back