prizm filter on a juwel 240

tropheus

Reaction score
thanks for the advice in the past i have come to the conclusion that the Red Sea Prism Skimmer will be better than the Biostar floater,Seaclone and the Aquamedic 750 turbo, the last one being alittle on the large side when i went to the local shop!!. I , with the help of the shop assistant hung the prizm onto the back of the rio 240 to see when i elongate the rear left hand cut out to the size of the return tray of the prizm it will sit below the rebate which allows the rear flap to close completely( is that clear lol). I realise that i still have to cut a small notch out for the water out pipe therefor i was hoping that maybe someone out there has a prizm on a rio tank and could do a little measuring for me as the shop didnot have a tape measure and was selling the skimmer fo £125 which i think is a little on the expensive side

I had a prizm skimmer on a Juwel Vision 180. The cut out is the same size and if i can fine the hood i will measure it for you.
If you just want the measurements of the skimmer then i can do that for you to.

The price is a little high IMO and you would be wise to shop around for a better priced one to be honest.

My vision hood was cut on the right hand side (next to the internal filter part) the cut starts 9.5" from the right. The cut is 1.5" deep and 9.5" long.

You should find this will be large enough to allow the lid to close with the skimmer attached.

thanks for that its really appreciated..... none of the shops i visited would tell me that!!!!

Most reactions

Back