Prime water conditioner

Argenteus

Reaction score
The intruction says to use 5 mL per 50 gallons of water. How many drops or mL is that per 1 US gallon?

Argenteus said:
The intruction says to use 5 mL per 50 gallons of water. How many drops or mL is that per 1 US gallon?
I _think_ one drop is equivalent to 1mL but you should check this by measuring number of water drops into a measuring cup...

I use a plastic cup - it has a mark at the bottom of the cup when it hits 5mL and 10mL. Then I add more tank water. I slowly drip the content of the cup as I add tap water (right temperature) into the tank...

1 drop of liquid is equal to 0.5 mL. Therefore 1 mL treats 10 gallons and one drop treats 5 gallons B)

konrad05 said:
1 drop of liquid is equal to 0.5 mL. Therefore 1 mL treats 10 gallons and one drop treats 5 gallons B)
Good to know... ;)

I've been using Prime for years, & have a ml. dropper. Just ran into the fishroom, & tried counting drops. 1/2 ml. = 10 drops, 1 ml. = 20 drops. Been using 3/4 ml per 5 gal bucket of water in all my tanks, everything is good. If you treat 5 gallons with only one drop, I think you may have problems.

Tolak

How could there be such a big difference in your drop sizes??? :blink:

konrad05's drop is 10 times larger than Tolak's... :lol:

One drop does NOT equal 1mL (also know as a cc) or 1/2mL, unless you have a giant dropper (not trying to yell at anyone whose given drop/mL equivalents like that, just wanting to make sure that correct measurments/conversions get used ;) )! In the U.S., anyway, one pharmacists's drop equals about 0.05mL, making it twenty drops per milliliter, according to this site.

If you're supposed to use 5mL per 50 gallons of water, that's one mL per 10 gallons of water. To treat one gallon of water, you would need .1mL (a tenth of a mL) of conditioner.

For reference: five mL = one teaspon; three teaspons (15mL) = a tablespoon.

Hope that helps ya some :thumbs:

Pamela
aka Married Lizard."

Most reactions

Back