prices

GSD

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i have a 200gal downstaris and a 6gal hospital tank and my 15gal in my room BUT i want a 3-5gal for my room for a betta(coz thats about althat will fit :lol: )but the prices are high and i have to wait till after my holiday now :blink:
theyre
£50 for a 5GAL!

Surely it would be cheaper to get a small tank from an lfs? Even a branch of Pets at Home if you have to! :X

thats where they were...pets at home i looked EVERYWHERE ,
lfs-£52
pets @ home-£48
LPS-£57(not inc light filteror heater)
local paper dont have ANY exept form 20gal+ which i dont have room for!

You can get a cheap plastic 3 gallon for about £5 at Wilkinson. Not 5g I know, but I have the same problem. They are fine, I have a betta in one and will probably get another for cory fry soon.

Wow really ?! :eek: I do believe you but find it difficult to understand how your lfs can charge more than double what you'd pay for here in London.

I was in pets at home in Chester last week buying frozen foods and they had 5 - 10 gallon tanks, with hood, for less than £20 - £30 respectively.

steve

OohFeeshy said:
You can get a cheap plastic 3 gallon for about £5 at Wilkinson. Not 5g I know, but I have the same problem. They are fine, I have a betta in one and will probably get another for cory fry soon.
hmmm.those are those kritter keepers right?ive thought about those but i dont think they have heaters and i cant get a heater small enough(my house isnt that warm coz the dogs hate heat :lol: and they come first)

I have alot of my bettas in those kritter keepers...some have desk lamps for their light and I use reptile heat pads for the heat...I think they're quite cheap too. :) Some of my other bettas live in those critter keepers without heat - some may think this is wrong but they are all lively, playful and happy! :D

germanshepherdlver said:
hmmm.those are those kritter keepers right?ive thought about those but i dont think they have heaters and i cant get a heater small enough(my house isnt that warm coz the dogs hate heat :lol: and they come first)
Yeah, kinda like a cheap version. Heaterwise, you can use a 25 watt (I have one on one of my other 3g's), or you can get a mini-hydor or newattino off aquatics online.

Pets at home have plastic tanks with hoods, gravel and filter for £19.99. I think the light is another £10, but maybe you could use a desk lamp. I got one, I'm using a regular heater but in one of those cage things so it can't touch the plastic, seems to be working fine. So that's £30 without the light or £40 for everything, tank, light, filter and heater. I guess that is expensive, wish we had american prices!!

Most reactions

Back