Prices for EHEIM CLASSIC filter & 120gal tank...

rcl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am looking to buy the eheim classic external filter 2270 (for 160gal tanks) for $135.99 plus $9.99 shipping from www.marinedepot.com

I was recommended this filter because it is supposed to be quiet and work well, does anybody have any alternate suggestions or confirmation of this? And what about the price and marinedepot.com, can anybody comment on this?

Also I am looking to buy a 120gallon tank and stand, and have found one at petsmart. Both are black, and the tank has lid and canopy lighting and costs $269.99, the stand having shelves and little doors on it and costing $159.99 I believe. This seems pretty cheap, they are both by 'top fin' I believe (glass). Can anybody comment on this?

Thanks a lot, glad to be a member of the forums again!:)

Robert

Eheim canisters are the best you can get, and the price seems reasonable if it is a 2217. I would take a good look at the stand, make sure it is made of solid wood, not composition board. Had a bad experience with a pressed wood stand getting wet and almost losing a 55 gallon tank.

Tolak

I got my filter on ebay. Paid a lot less. Just make sure your check the shipping.
$135.00 for the eheim 2217 is about right for an online shop.

Just to clarify, are these 2217's the kind of filter that you keep inside of your tank or are they full external with tubes that go in/out of the tank?

Since this 2217 is clear ( http://petsolutions.com/cgi-bin/cgiitmls?m...109.600000&l=13 ) it leads me to believe perhaps it is one of those in-the-tank deals (which I don't like...)

However, here ( http://www.marinedepot.com/a_fl_eheim_classic.asp ) it looks like the filters are opaque plastic and external? (Which I am looking for!)

Can someone clear up which is the accurate picture/description of this model?

Thanks for all your replies so far,
Robert

P.S.: While we're on the subject, can anybody recommend specific heaters and total wattage I might want for a 120?

Are you sure it's a 120 gallon tank or Litres cause for the price that's really cheap for a Monster tank... Post some pics if you set it up :thumbs: :D

Both of those are external canisters. I know them to be green, so either they changed them or that is just a picture to show the inside of it.

A Pair of 200w heaters would be good for that tank.

Most reactions

Back