preparing to breed need help

I personally don't add a filter untill they are a month or so old. You are doing daily massive water changes on them at this point so really the only point of the filter is to provide surface disruption and oxygenate the water before they develop their labyrinths. Before the filter goes in I just use an airline and a gang valve (or in a pinch I tie knots in the tubing).

Both of your boys are gorgeous. Good luck to you and be sure to read the pinned topics on breeding so you are prepared for all of the aspects. When you feel you can't research another second do it again ;)

thanks all, what pinned topic?
only joking i have read sooo much stuff i'm even dreaming about reading about it :D
by a fully submersable heater, do you mean these
deltatherm.gif

got both of these with two delta therm heaters and 2 Hydor CRYSTAL DUO internal filters plus gravel delivered to my door for 60.00 pound, what do you think, are these heaters what you mean by fully submersable?
These filters won't be used while breeding!

breedingtanks002.jpg

breedingtanks004.jpg

:grr: that's just too good to be true ! ( ;) )

Lucky you ! :hyper:

Sadly (major) lack of space - and the fact that I won't live to see the light of day if my boyfriend finds out I bought any more tanks prevents me from that. :blink:
Oh and luckily they are in Liverpool too .....

Good find though !

Most reactions

Back