Pregnant?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pkrusg

Reaction score
I recently got this molly and I'm not sure if shes pregnant could someone help pelase?

Attachments

• 20200417_172040.jpg
    20200417_172040.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20200418-181626_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-181626_Messenger.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 43
Yeah I would like to keep them, i was planning on moving her to a seperate tank so I could tank her our after she has them, is there anyway to tell how soon it could be?

Very soon.i would not move her at this point. Add lots of plants for them to hide in when they are born and scoop the fry into the new tank with a paper cup

I try not to stress the mother by moving her, I make sure the fish in the tank are well fed so it lowers the chance they go after the fry and have lot of hiding spots for the fry. I then catch them in a cup and place them in a fry net or in another tank just for them.

Thank for the advice I'll just keep an eye on her, hopefully it's not long :D

The reason we say not to move her at this stage of the pregnancy is because moving her would stress her and possibly could kill both her and the fry :)

I thought that might be the case, I got her and some other fish about a week ago with a tank I went to pick up and the water was very dirty and smelly. The tank clearly hadnt been cleaned or had a water change for months I was worried she might be sick not pregnant

I would also consider lowering the lights so the fry have a better chance of not being noticed by the other fish and back up when you check for fry. The lower lights can also reduce stress for the mother.

Most reactions

Back