The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yep! That is 100% Dropsy Desease.:( I'm sorry to hear that! Dropsy is untreatable at this stage and your best off killing her. I know it sounds super cruel, and it is a really hard thing to do, for me too! But it will stop their suffering, unless you find a miracle to save it! You can choose what quickest way you would prefer to kill it, but I am really sorry about your loss! If you want you can leave it to live a few more days, but it will just suffer the whole time! Your choice, and don't think I am a bad person telling you to kill it. I have never seen someone treat dropsy at this stage before. They always die within a week. I hope this never happens to you again! I have had to kill some of my fish due to dropsy as well!

Yep! That is 100% Dropsy Desease.:( I'm sorry to hear that! Dropsy is untreatable at this stage and your best off killing her. I know it sounds super cruel, and it is a really hard thing to do, for me too! But it will stop their suffering, unless you find a miracle to save it! You can choose what quickest way you would prefer to kill it, but I am really sorry about your loss! If you want you can leave it to live a few more days, but it will just suffer the whole time! Your choice, and don't think I am a bad person telling you to kill it. I have never seen someone treat dropsy at this stage before. They always die within a week. I hope this never happens to you again! I have had to kill some of my fish due to dropsy as well!
omg. ok. thank you. i’ve never done this before. it’s night atm so i’ll have to wait till the morning but I don’t want her to suffer. she looks ok. ahh this is so annoying. I thought I was doing well keeping my water clean and good. well thank you anyways.

omg. ok. thank you. i’ve never done this before. it’s night atm so i’ll have to wait till the morning but I don’t want her to suffer. she looks ok. ahh this is so annoying. I thought I was doing well keeping my water clean and good. well thank you anyways.
That's alright. Sometimes its caused by worms or an internal infection too

Your welcome! Dropsy is the most annoying disease EVER in my opinion! But I am sure you are doing a fine job in fish keeping! We are all just learning, and will learn from any mistakes we make! It is all part of the hobby. BTW: I have a YouTube channel that you can learn from, I have done some platy videos: caring for platys, breeding platys, raising platy fry etc. and I do more videos about other fish too! So if you'd like to check it out, click on this link:
My youtube channel!!!

Your welcome! Dropsy is the most annoying disease EVER in my opinion! But I am sure you are doing a fine job in fish keeping! We are all just learning, and will learn from any mistakes we make! It is all part of the hobby. BTW: I have a YouTube channel that you can learn from, I have done some platy videos: caring for platys, breeding platys, raising platy fry etc. and I do more videos about other fish too! So if you'd like to check it out, click on this link:
My youtube channel!!!
It definitely is annoying, but I'd say columnaris is WAAYYYY worse

My youtube channel!!!
Thanks. And yeah i’ll check it out! The only other time my other platy gave birth, I successfully raised a 3 out of 8, which is all I saw in the tank at the time. I was just hoping for a second chance. But yeah I’ll check your channel out totally :) thank for the help

Most reactions

Back