Pregnant Male Guppy!!??

fish4life

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find a fat male guppy. he looks like my pregnant female guppy.He's usually the one chasing the female, but this morning he was just swimming by his self. Sometimes he would just become motionless in the water not move. When he did move at times it was a little slow. I've checked him over lots of times and haven't found anything. Other than the pregnant guppy, he's the only one acting like this.

P.S: His gonopodium also seems to change into something else ( If you know what I mean)

P.S: When I first got him, he was a female ( but he was young and i don't think he had decided.)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :/ :look:

well either 1 of 2 things goin on here:

1) your male is just a realy good lookin female
2) your fish is going to literally explode ( iv had it happen )

can u send us a pic maybe we can help u then :/

Fish can also change their sex if they really want to(I've seen it happen :crazy: !).

rarefish

Only young live bearers 'change sex' and it's not really changing sex, it's when a young live bearer looks like a female but is really an underdeveloped male, they never have babies and then change, and male live bearers never turn to females. It's always an underdeveloped male that hasn't grown a gonopodium yet. I would say that your fish has either an internal parasite or has dropsy or septicema. Are any of it's scales poking out or does it have red streaks on it's body??

P.S. Some species of salt water fish do change sex, but not any fresh or live bearering fish can.

Most reactions

Back