Pregnant Guppy

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

Call me impatient but i have 3 pregnant female guppies and they have been like this for ages, they all got gavid spots (quite dark) and have a damn good appetite!!! Just want to know when they will drop their babies?

The waiting is killing me!!!! :rolleyes:

MINE ALL HAVE A GRAVID SPOT, ALL THE TIME, WHEN THEY ARE PREGGY AND GETTING NEAR TO DROPPING THEY GET BIG, AND I MEAN REALY BIG, SO BIG THEY LOOK AS THOUGH THEY WILL BURST, MY FIRST FEMALE ATE ALL SHE DROPPED EXCEPT 4!!!!! SO MUCH FOR GIVING OFF A HORMONE THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM HUNGRY, GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED. :p

I understand with guppies if they arent old enough they will withhold birth til they are. We have females that are about 3 months old and are pregnant but wont drop. I am under the impression they wont give birth til they are around 6 months old. :crazy: :fun:

My guppys all looked kind of squarish right before they download babys.
It was the night before I found babys in the tank.
I didnt know what it meant until I seen it, as im sure you will :)
Shawn

Thats what happened to one yellow female she went squarish and then before i went to bed i saw 1 baby in the tank in the middle looking at me with it's beady eyes!!! :D

Another my other female didn't look preggy at all, and i saw her drop 18!!!! right before my eyes!! :eek:

So i suppose it dont happen in all case ay. Dont worry i keep you posted when they drop.

Well two of my females were looking for hidy places this morning (asuming that they are getting near to dropping) :D I can't quite make out whether they look squarish from the back or not they don't stay in place for that long!!! :/ All i know is that they have a rapid appetite for tubafex worms they lapped them up in a flash :p

I'm not going to use a breeding box coz it stresses them out and don't want them to abort.

Most reactions

Back