Pregnant Guppy Update With Pic(new Pic)

debra36701

Reaction score
I recently got 4 new guppies and i believe one of them is pregnant. She is definenly larger then the other females and she does have a gravid spot i believe its called. I would say it kinda darkesh black. Is she pregnant and if so could she be close? I would take a pic but cant get a good one of her.

This pic is the best i could get cause i am no good at all taking pic of fish. I have also noticed there is a 2nd guppy with a gravid spot but she is not fat like the one i am talking about. She is just a little bigger then the non pregnant guppy and i mean little. This one on the pic is good bit bigger. ff.JPGfw.JPG

I recently got 4 new guppies and i believe one of them is pregnant. She is definenly larger then the other females and she does have a gravid spot i believe its called. I would say it kinda darkesh black. Is she pregnant and if so could she be close? I would take a pic but cant get a good one of her.

Hya Guppies can just get fat but yes you're right they will display a gravid spot when they're pregnant as well. Is she close - well that can be difficult to tell. There are many things that can make a guppy breed or not depending on circumstances, when they are very close they will go into point (that it the rear end becomes pointed). I got so hacked off with waiting for mine to drop with a breeding net at the ready that I just planted the tank up big time and left them to it. Loads of plants meant the babies could hide. The result - I go to the fish shop every few months with a bag full of half grown babies.

She does to me but I can't say for sure how long she has to go. Try to get a pic of her more of her from the side.

OK i have put her in a breeder. She has became less active and her she is starting to point upwards like is the best way i can put the way she is floating.

she looks like she is only a few weeks along. and she looks very thin, what are you feeding?

she looks like she is only a few weeks along. and she looks very thin, what are you feeding?
I only got her 2 days ago. I am feeding her flakes for now. I am getting them some more shrimp tommorow. Is is true that it is good for them?

bloodworms, brine shrimp, and tubflix worms are all good foods, if you can get frozen its the best. if not then freeze dried will work. just rember not to feed bloodworms more than twice a week.
its best if you feed flake regularly every day and supliment it with the foods i listed above.

bloodworms, brine shrimp, and tubflix worms are all good foods, if you can get frozen its the best. if not then freeze dried will work. just rember not to feed bloodworms more than twice a week.
its best if you feed flake regularly every day and supliment it with the foods i listed above.

Thanks. Is a bad or good idea that i have her in a breeder right now? I dont want to hurt her.

i cant tell you that without a clear pict of her showing how big she is, a pict from the right or left side would be great, a clear one.

She looks around a week pregnant. I would take her out of the breeder for a couple weeks, and feed her up real good. She looks pretty by the way. I feed my livebearers( jst got rid of em), liverer flake, it has cruched up red flake, adn pieces of tubifex in it. It was like 5 dollars. I got it at petsmart. They loved it.

Most reactions

Back