Pregnant Guppy Question...

Hi Star Tenshi.......Don't worry about that picture.There are a couple of things you need to know about pregnant guppies.First of all,not all varieties of guppies have that many babies,for example....albinos never get to have many fry,and some are known to have problems getting pregnant(steril).
Another thing,the older the female,the more babies you would get.Last and definately very important is the environment,meaning water conditions,temperature etc.And also very important is the nutrition;If you provide them with a well balanced diet,your guppies will have tons of babies.
I hope this helps you somewhat.And by the way you are doing just fine for a first timer;The first thing that we all do when we don't know what to do is to ask questions.Good luck :D

;)

much thanks ramesses for the info...really appreciate it...if they really don't get as big as the one in the picture...then i think they're going to drop soon....if they don't have their fry until this weekend...i think i'm going to go out to buy either a horwort plant or a water sprite for the fry to hide in....hope they don't eat their fry....

:thumbs:

:lol: just gvive in and buy some plants...if you odn't want to, some plastic tubing burried in the bottom with the opening out of course will allow her to be seculded because your right, she could abort if moved...

jbaby35

i'm thinking of buying the hornwort / water sprite tomorrow or sunday. But this plastic tubing you were talking about....it should be big enough for the prego guppies to fit in...right?

Most reactions

Back