Pregnant cory help

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GuppyDude

Stephen
Reaction score
hey folks, my common cory is prego and i dont know what to do, iv got her in the 10g guppy tank and i juts know they'll eat all the eggs up. she is very fat and i need to know when shes gunna blow and how big of a tank i should move her to, i wanna try and raise them for store credit but iv got a few questions.

how big of a tank anm i going to need?

how do i know wen shes going to pop?

what do i feed the little guys on?

are they pretty hardy?

should i use a heater?

i didn't mean to breed them it just happend, but id like to give it a try :nod:

Does she have a male corydora with her for her to breed with? She's not pregnant, just laden with eggs.

I don't know why you haven't gotten any help, but isnce I have not as yet bred my corydoras, I won't give you any advice. :/

You could PM Inchworm and ask her.

Yep, you'll need a male Cory or two and then you'll have to try and trigger them to spawn. Apparently I triggered mine to spawn, but I don't know how - I just looked at the tank one morning and saw eggs. Like I said, PM Inch. Either that or search for 'spawning corys' or something like that.

Good luck :thumbs:

Pamela
aka Marrked Lizard :wub:

Hi.........Don't worry, there is LOADS of help on here.
First, you say coman....do you mean Bronze? If so, i have just had my 14 batch of eggs. Some have been very sucessful, I have now got up to 50 young ones. :D

Firstly......do you have a male or 2? Is she/they on there own? If no male then you will not get anthing from the eggs.
You need to keep them from others in the tank...I have a divide, Once the eggs are laid on the glass (this is were she will place them normally) you will need to make sure they have food (the parents that is) Place an airstone under the eggs, turn it up as high as you can (you shouldn't blow them away as they are very sticky) Make sure the temp stays the same, you can add Meth blue if you want, I have and also done it without! :thumbs:
Now sit back and wait for 3-5 days. On the 3 day......turn down the air and move it away from the eggs ( you don't want to blow the fry away ) :crazy: Make sure they can't get sucked into the filter by placing a fine net around it. Once out...feed them on liquid food, place then into Shallow water (about 6") without the parents, and you should be on your way.
NOTE: They do go Fungus very easy,you will have to play it by ear!
Any problems get back to me. :p

yes there is a male in there and no shes not a bronze color, shes grey. the male is an albino but hes the same species. they had layed a batch of eggs a couple weeks ago but they got gobbled up -_-

Ok,
I would put the LOVERS in your 1 gallon tank if thats all you have....but it should be fine. add a layer of fine sand (no more than half inch) Add a small air sponge filter and mature water from your 10 gal tank, lower the temp slowly down to 21oC and then bring it back up to 26oC-27oC, this should bring them Into the loving mood again, once the eggs are laid, add Meth Blue (1ml) and remove the parents, add the air stone and drop the temp to 24oC ;)
After the 3rd day, move the air stone to one side and turn it down, Now ....................................good luck :clap:

Any probs let me know

Hi GuppyDude :)

I'm going to refer you to a couple of threads where I discuss how I breed corys. Between them and the information you have already got here, you should have a pretty good idea what to do.

This one is about someone else's experience with corys who spawned unexpectedly like yours did. Toward the end I describe the kind of breeding set up I like to use.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...l=breeding+tank

This one has information about how to get them to spawn:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry495409

If your fish are young, each spawn will probably increase in number of eggs until they reach their full growth, so the next time you might even get more eggs than the last time. :D

Most reactions

Back