Pregnant Black Molly! Watch Her Progress!

SinJin

Reaction score
Hey guys! i recently found out that my Black Molly is in its first stages of pregnancy thanks to hughe! So being obsessive i went ahead and purchased an aquarium nursery for 10 bucks here: http://www.aquariumguys.com/aquanursery.html i have read the reviews for it and they are all good. this is an in-aquarium nursery because i could not afford another tank. i will post pics of her pregnancy stages in this thread!
I named her Charry and the other male Coal, because they are black like charcoal

First Week
2.jpg

^^She is a little plump as you can see^^

She is showing symptoms as described in 5teady's thread. Staying near the filter and heater and swimming slower, also being more antisocial. I will try to feed them and check on my oranda and his eye discoloration...

Day 2
UPDATE: She has gotten more plump and squaring off some more!
CharryDay2.jpg

Day 3
UPDATE: She is very skittish lately but her appetite is up. Also instead of the male following her she is following the male,oddly the angel too. I guess its because they are the ones that get to the food 1st.
CharryDAy3-1.jpg

^^^She is following the angel Hades alot^^^

CharryDay3.jpg

^^^Here she has gotten A LOT more plump, and still following the male and the angel^^^

Bump!

Is anybody interested? It's Pregnant!!!

Hi SinJin

Looks like you molly has got some way to go,i haven't seen one of them nurseries before,i wouldn't advise putting her in just yet has it'll stress her out.

Good luck with her :good:

yes i know i have read the guides, thx for coming i thought this was a "dead zone"

Hey new question, when do you think she will drop and when should i put her into a breeding trap?

yes she may have 3-4 weeks to go like oldman47 and i said she may be pregnant but is not very pregnant like shes not going to drop today,but yes she may be and do you have any males in the tank?

yes she may have 3-4 weeks to go like oldman47 and i said she may be pregnant but is not very pregnant like shes not going to drop today,but yes she may be and do you have any males in the tank?
Yes i scheduled her to drop around late january-early february, thanks. And yes there is one male in the tank

The way tHe belly is buldging in the front it looks over fed a bit. But it is pregnant

Most reactions

Back