Predatory tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femalefishkeeper

Reaction score
Hi :)

Im Cerys and I have a semi-agressive / predatory tank

I have an Arrowana, a red tail catfish, alligator gar, a peacock snakehead, and four lemon barbs ( I know they’re not predators, but they’re too big to get eaten haha).

The tank I have is 6 foot and I am currently in the process of making one at 15 foot across my living room.

I will just need advice here and there, any advice would be massively appreciated.

Thank you :))

Hi, welcome to the forum.

For me the elephants in the room are the Gar that can get to 10 feet and the Snakehead that won’t get past 1. But mainly the Gar. :)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

For me the elephants in the room are the Gar that can get to 10 feet and the Snakehead that won’t get past 1. But mainly the Gar. :)
I know the snakehead grows to 10” and the gar will be 6 foot plus.

They’re all babies yet, I’ve had most of them for 3 months at the most.

I asked about the colour of my arrowana, I didn’t ask for your opinion about the fish that I am keeping and the size of my tank. I said in my post that I am building a bigger fish tank, which is nearly done if you need to know. The gar is 2”, by the time that it needs a bigger home, my new tank will be ready.

I don’t understand what this has to do with the colour of one of my fish that I was asking about?

But thank you for your input

I know the snakehead grows to 10” and the gar will be 6 foot plus.

They’re all babies yet, I’ve had most of them for 3 months at the most.

I asked about the colour of my arrowana, I didn’t ask for your opinion about the fish that I am keeping and the size of my tank. I said in my post that I am building a bigger fish tank, which is nearly done if you need to know. The gar is 2”, by the time that it needs a bigger home, my new tank will be ready.

I don’t understand what this has to do with the colour of one of my fish that I was asking about?

But thank you for your input
Welcome to the forum! It’s such a valuable resource and community.

You seemed quite annoyed by @Ichthys ’s post, stating they did not answer your post.
However, your post has nothing asking about the color of your arowana. @Ichthys is an experienced member, and while we reply respectfully, if we see things that could cause problems, we will bring them up. You asked for advice, and it was given

Welcome to the forum! It’s such a valuable resource and community.

You seemed quite annoyed by @Ichthys ’s post, stating they did not answer your post.
However, your post has nothing asking about the color of your arowana. @Ichthys is an experienced member, and while we reply respectfully, if we see things that could cause problems, we will bring them up. You asked for advice, and it was given

I’ve attached the post that I was talking about the colours on my arrowana. As an experienced member, I would assume that Ichthys would not want to put new fish keepers down and make them not want to continue this hobby.

I’ve attached the post that I was talking about the colours on my arrowana. As an experienced member, I would assume that Ichthys would not want to put new fish keepers down and make them not want to continue this hobby.

Attachments

• 3FAB442B-F898-476E-948D-ABB99FFC9C3B.png
    3FAB442B-F898-476E-948D-ABB99FFC9C3B.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 33AE9BD8-4725-4960-9C79-F407FD642649.png
    33AE9BD8-4725-4960-9C79-F407FD642649.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 30
In my eyes what ichthys wrote was done respectfully and not in a degrading way.

The post you had about your arowana was a separate post, you cannot expect someone to read both, and the replies for your arowana post will be done in the arowana thread, the replies for this thread done in this thread. They are separate conversations.

I will just need advice here and there, any advice would be massively appreciated.

Thank you :))

I replied to your Arowana post and then came back and saw your reply here.
You asked for advice, I didn’t know if you were experienced or a beginner, it was an “initial reply” to retrieve more information, so I simply voiced my concerns that a 15’ tank isn’t big enough for an Alligator Gar, and that the Snakehead would get eaten by the Gar or the cat if it would be staying with them.
I wasn’t criticising at all. Sorry you took it that way.

I replied to your Arowana post and then came back and saw your reply here.
You asked for advice, I didn’t know if you were experienced or a beginner, it was an “initial reply” to retrieve more information, so I simply voiced my concerns that a 15’ tank isn’t big enough for an Alligator Gar, and that the Snakehead would get eaten by the Gar or the cat if it would be staying with them.
I wasn’t criticising at all. Sorry you took it that way.
It’s okay, just next time it would be more beneficial for somebody if you asked before you came across as judgey. I don’t mean any of this in a nasty way, but this is a site for advice not criticism. I did my research, like I said if you would have asked first then that would have eliminated all of this conflict. I have looked at hundreds of YouTube videos about arrowanas, tank sizes and mates and I do know my stuff, I was just asking about the colour of that one specific fish, and you didn’t answered my query, instead you went of topic. It’s obvious to me that a fish that grows 6 foot plus cannot be in the same tank as something that grows to 10” maximum.

Can we be friends now please :)

Yes we can be friends, but… what?

I’ve only mentioned your Arowana once, and this is what I said…

Yes. It’s definitely South American, and for now there are two species. It’s not a Black Arowana, and some Silvers have orange in the fins and greenish or goldish bodies, so I’d say yours is quite a colourful Silver.

So how do you get from that to this?

I was just asking about the colour of that one specific fish, and you didn’t answered my query, instead you went of topic.

Yes we can be friends, but… what?

I’ve only mentioned your Arowana once, and this is what I said…

So how do you get from that to this?
Theres no need to cause this much drama about a fish! Thank you for the advice but dear me next time just please bare in mind that people are on here for advice, not drama or criticism about their fish.

Theres no need to cause this much drama about a fish! Thank you for the advice but dear me next time just please bare in mind that people are on here for advice, not drama or criticism about their fish.
Ichthys isn’t doing anything to cause drama though?

Lots of misunderstandings in this thread.

You asked for any advice. You got advice.
I don’t see how “the elephant in the room” is advice. I just wanted to know about the colour of one fish, I don’t understand why other things and other people got brought in to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back