Predator Tank

Think i am going to go with a snakehead what size do the Channa Gaucha, Bleheri and orientallis grow to, Also is there any chance of tank mates??? something like a bichir

Channa Bleheri 6" - Small group, can play with others
Channa Assam 5" - Small group, can play with others
Channa Gachua (Depending on varient) 6"-10"

There are loads of slightly larger single Snakeheads you could keep.

Channa Stewarti is a good example. 10"

All of these will eat any fish they can swallow, usually between a third and sometimes half their lenght.

Where abouts are you. I know Wildwoods, Enfield, London have just had a good delivery this week. I have my eye on a couple of them.

I would say no to the oscar as thay can grow big enough to swallow the smaller Snakeheads.

what even when the snakehead gets ful size the oscar would get it in its mouth?, i thought the snakehead would fight back

On top of that you asked about a 35gall tank...which isnt large enough for an Oscar on its own, let alone with a Channa

what even when the snakehead gets ful size the oscar would get it in its mouth?, i thought the snakehead would fight back

If they were the same size it would not be an issue.

An assam or Bleheri would only reach 5" maybe 6". I have seen plenty of oscars big enough to consider that a meal. Oscars can reach 18" in the wild. You should see the size of fish my Jaguar cichlid can get down.

A snakehead can't do much fighting with it's head down an Oscars throat.

sorry all change i have a had big enough tank come up at the right price so thats what is now cycling.

Ok i really like oscars and snakeheads so wanted them to live together but will have a re think

Most reactions

Back