Powder Blue

I've got a powder blue which had white spot (thank god he's got rid of it now) I have a uv steriliser running on my tank and 2 cleaner shrimps. I asked the guy in my local lfs for advice and he recommended New Era flake food. It comes in 3 different tubs. On the advice from my lfs I started the tank on the type 1 flakes first. It may have been coinicidence but within a few days all signs of white spot had gone.
New Era recommend you feed the type 1 for 2 weeks, type 2 for 2 weeks then the marine flake for 4 weeks then start the process again. I have continued to use this food the fish absolutely love it and have not seen white spot since. Apparently the food builds up the fishes immune system. I also feed nori in the mornings so my tangs have food for most of the day.
Could be worth trying it.

I am in the same situation with my powder blue. I have had this problem in the past and used a product called No Ich.It has no copper and is 100percent reef safe. Last time was my yellow tang and this stuff cured him over night however 6months later my powder blue tang has had this going on 6 days now.I have been treating the tank now for 4 days and he doesent seem to be getting better at all.No other fish in my tank have it and the blue tang is eating like a pig.Dry seaweed is always in the tank.Is it safe to leave this fish in the tank? or should I leave it? it would nearly be impossible to get it out with all the rock and corals.

I am in the same situation with my powder blue. I have had this problem in the past and used a product called No Ich.It has no copper and is 100percent reef safe. Last time was my yellow tang and this stuff cured him over night however 6months later my powder blue tang has had this going on 6 days now.I have been treating the tank now for 4 days and he doesent seem to be getting better at all.No other fish in my tank have it and the blue tang is eating like a pig.Dry seaweed is always in the tank.Is it safe to leave this fish in the tank? or should I leave it? it would nearly be impossible to get it out with all the rock and corals.

If I was you I would leave the fish where it is. Pulling rocks out and then the fish would only stress him out more and result in the infection getting worse. Not to mention stressing out the rest of your tank too.

Most reactions

Back