Potted Plants

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
if i buy potted plants should they be removed from the pots and planted directly into the substrate?

in a word... yes.

you should always remove plants form pots, as the pots will restrict new growth.

cheers :good:

remeber to remove as much floss or rock wool as you can also and seperate each bunch into individual plants, for example a standard pot of vallis would usually give 20 or so plants, seperation is key to succesful propagation.

remeber to remove as much floss or rock wool as you can also and seperate each bunch into individual plants, for example a standard pot of vallis would usually give 20 or so plants, seperation is key to succesful propagation.

Agreed, many of the potted plants can be split. I will often do this with crypts too.

Forgive me, markandhisfish for this hijack, but jonnyf84, that is a lovely tank in your signature. :good:

Agreed, many of the potted plants can be split. I will often do this with crypts too.

Forgive me, markandhisfish for this hijack, but jonnyf84, that is a lovely tank in your signature. :good:

Thankyou, i scrapped that one about 6 months ago - i ran out of co2 and couldn't get more for over a week, then came the damned algae, that taught me one thing - stability is key!
Crypts are great value for money once you've split the pot up, i planted my 2 foot fry tank from corner to corner with 3 pots! Its the only plant i've found that can do ok in a tank with poor lighting, no ferts and no co2 - its beyond me how it survives, a great plant species! Thanks again for your kind comment.

EDIT: just had a peek at your pics, stunning tanks, really good photography too, it makes all the difference - oh i wish i could afford a quality camera.

Most reactions

Back