Post your Car!

shrimpster97 said:
love that lotus, you definetly dont see many or any of those around here.
You don't see any, yet. They've been promising us the Elise for about 3 years now, and it's STILL not available in the US. There's still debate as to what state we'll get the Elise in, too. Some say they're gonna take it from its purist sports car state with none of the frills, and "Americanize" it with comfier wider seats for our fat butts, leather interior, carpeting, sound deadening material, etc..... basically ruining what the Elise has always been. On top of that, the Rover K engine that's in it in the UK isn't legal in the US because it's not OBD II compatible, so they're gonna put a Toyota VVT-i engine in it. No big loss there... 180bhp engine in a car that small... not too shabby.

Still, I'm waiting to see them available for sale in the US :( Laggo, wanna trade? ;)

Hi chkltcow - you sound like you know your cars. I've read that the US was having trouble getting the Elise. Saftey being the main issue ie no air bags, also no AC.

You are quite right in saying that adding all the saftey features and luxuries you would be getting away from what the Elise is all about.

It sounds like we have the same taste in cars, I looked at a couple of P1's before buying the Lotus.

Sorry to cut in, but damn i wish the P1 was available in Canada. I would love the 280bhp turbo. the closest thing we have with that body style is the 165 hp non-turbo 2.5RS Coupe.

Thats a shame Crystal, its a great car. Had one for a weekend to try out, there is only one word that comes to mind 'awesome' They are like two cars in one, first you can drive about like you are in the family 4 door going to buy the weeks shoping then put your foot down and it turns into an animal.

Crystal said:
Sorry to cut in, but damn i wish the P1 was available in Canada. I would love the 280bhp turbo. the closest thing we have with that body style is the 165 hp non-turbo 2.5RS Coupe.
crystal: You could always do what some of the guys in the Subaru club have.... take a GC8 bodystyle car and drop in the drivetrain from a wrecked WRX/STI..... or put a turbo kit on the 2.5 that's in the car. There was one for sale not to long ago by the owner of the Subaru forum.... probably 350hp in that bodystyle.... an absolute beast. A guy ended up buying it and selling it again that same week because it was too much for him to handle.

If you look through the classifieds on NASIOC, sometimes you can find a swapped RS going for a good price. Heck, right now, there's a Skyline GTS-t up in Canuckistan for sale on there ;) http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89

this is the car I drive now (not mine, but exactly the same as!!)

Ford_Puma_1.jpg

and this is what I'm getting in a few months just so I can put all the badge snob lotus elise owners to shame :D :D

vx220turbo4.jpg

chkltcow said:
crystal: You could always do what some of the guys in the Subaru club have.... take a GC8 bodystyle car and drop in the drivetrain from a wrecked WRX/STI..... or put a turbo kit on the 2.5 that's in the car. There was one for sale not to long ago by the owner of the Subaru forum.... probably 350hp in that bodystyle.... an absolute beast. A guy ended up buying it and selling it again that same week because it was too much for him to handle.

If you look through the classifieds on NASIOC, sometimes you can find a swapped RS going for a good price. Heck, right now, there's a Skyline GTS-t up in Canuckistan for sale on there ;) http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89
That is true, but I would want the full P1 conversion. haha, I was a member on NASIOC, but darned if I remember my login info.
One of these days I'll be able to get a '00 2.5RS (i like the '00 because of the LSD) and I'll be able to swap in either the STi engine or turbo the current. I don;t want to go to nuts with power, as I'll have a baby seat in the car, but I want to have some fun with it.

rvm said:
and this is what I'm getting in a few months just so I can put all the badge snob lotus elise owners to shame :D :D
Nice one :D

OH WOW VIP thats gorgeous :drool: ! :wub: Are you a Honda man yourself?? You definately have to take me for a cruise in your Honda and i wont take no for an answer! I mean why not? your in melb and so am i eheheheheh :D It would just be a friendly cruise.I wish my parents would be so generous on my b/day. I just got a Honda Civic Hatch back a silver one i dont have a picture of it at the moment it will do for now but in the future i would love a Honda Integra TYPE S. So if you be nice and take me for a cruise IF i get that car [even if im 50] ill return the favour and take you for a cruise AND you can drive it :rofl:

chkltcow said:
shrimpster97 said:
love that lotus, you definetly dont see many or any of those around here.
You don't see any, yet. They've been promising us the Elise for about 3 years now, and it's STILL not available in the US. There's still debate as to what state we'll get the Elise in, too. Some say they're gonna take it from its purist sports car state with none of the frills, and "Americanize" it with comfier wider seats for our fat butts, leather interior, carpeting, sound deadening material, etc..... basically ruining what the Elise has always been. On top of that, the Rover K engine that's in it in the UK isn't legal in the US because it's not OBD II compatible, so they're gonna put a Toyota VVT-i engine in it. No big loss there... 180bhp engine in a car that small... not too shabby.

Still, I'm waiting to see them available for sale in the US :( Laggo, wanna trade? ;)
no no no, ive seen one here in Texas.

The Honda Integra Type s aka RSX-S here in canada, is SUCH a fun and great car! I love driving it, even in this horrible winter weather.

Most reactions

Back