Possible Cannister Filter Problem

PEARCEJN

Reaction score
Hi I have a cannister filter for Aquience Aqua One 180L tank, it has started surging and blowing out lots of tiny bubbles at the speed of sound. Has this happened to anyone else, I have tried to contact suppliers but none have got back to me, I would appreciate some help with this one. My PH level peeked, but is now back to normal. The Ammonia, Nitrite and Natrate levels all are normal.
: :unsure:
Thanks

Sounds like there is air in the system somewhere? I have no experience about these types of filters though so best to wait for someone who can give better advice on what to do next.

I also have an AquaOne external on my old tank.

Check the following.

Make sure there are no blockages or clogs in the filter.

Make sure all connections are secure.

Check that the filter intake stem is not near any source of air, for example airstones etc.

Gently rocking the canister back and forth may well help to expel any air that is trapped inside.

I suffered this problem recently with my external
Problem was that the intake pipe was sucking in air from an airstone - easily solved :good:

i too would suggest:
1, checking there is no kinks or humps in the piping.
2, ensure there are no air leaks around joints.
3, a good shake, often, solves the problem.
4, make sure air stones, and the like, are well away from the inlet.

failing this, check the sealing rings/gaskets, that seal the cannister. its just possible one has been damaged, at some point.

i too would suggest:
1, checking there is no kinks or humps in the piping.
2, ensure there are no air leaks around joints.
3, a good shake, often, solves the problem.
4, make sure air stones, and the like, are well away from the inlet.

failing this, check the sealing rings/gaskets, that seal the cannister. its just possible one has been damaged, at some point.

Thanks alot everyone, I will expell my air when I get home ! will let you know tomorrow
Cheers sounds like nothing to worry about if you are all right.
Janice

Most reactions

Back