Population Skeptic

A lot of fish change colour according to their mood and/or surroundings, so it probably is a raphael cat. It's usual for them to hide during the day; I rarely see mine out except at night.

It definitely can't stay in the 55l though :/

Was just reading a post on here called 'some newbies no-no's"

Wish I had read that before getting into fish .

Rule- don't put angles with neon tetra because that's what they eat.

Failed on at least 4 other rules including trusting the people at the fish shops .

They don't even ask where the fish are going or what with, just how many do you want and what else do you want.

baker360360 said:
Was just reading a post on here called 'some newbies no-no's"
Wish I had read that before getting into fish .
Rule- don't put angles with neon tetra because that's what they eat.
Failed on at least 4 other rules including trusting the people at the fish shops .
They don't even ask where the fish are going or what with, just how many do you want and what else do you want.
Some fish shops do ask about the tank and stocking, just not (sadly) all.
Most sell the fish to get profit, then, they hope that the fish dies and you'll come back saying "my fish died, what was wrong with it" and they say something along the lines of "you must of had too much ammonia, here, buy this and this". It's a classic trick that works on most people and you just keep coming back and spending more money because of problems caused by the LFS.

It's sad really, when you're a beginner you expect them to be the ones that know their stuff and help you and your fish.

Most reactions

Back