Popeye?

Attachments

• 43ABAEC4-A49E-4A87-BBF2-22CA057883EA.jpeg
    43ABAEC4-A49E-4A87-BBF2-22CA057883EA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
I cant tell. More pics? Maybe some on different angles?

It’s very hard. He moves a lot. It’s just a clear covering over his eye ball. His eye is not sticking out
Maybe some type of fungus? Or mucous? Do a large water change regardless. All three of those issues are helped by that :)

Pop eye is a common term for a swollen eye. It can be caused by an injury (scratch) or from a bacterial or fungal infection.

The best treatment is big daily water changes and cleaning the tank so the eyeball can heal up. This only takes a few days.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

-------------------
You can add some salt too and it will reduce the chance of infection.
Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 1-2 weeks.

When you do the daily water changes, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank so the salinity (salt level) in the tank remains stable.

Pop eye is a common term for a swollen eye. It can be caused by an injury (scratch) or from a bacterial or fungal infection.

The best treatment is big daily water changes and cleaning the tank so the eyeball can heal up. This only takes a few days.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

-------------------
You can add some salt too and it will reduce the chance of infection.
Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 1-2 weeks.

When you do the daily water changes, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank so the salinity (salt level) in the tank remains stable.
It’s heavily planted so I can’t put salt. Do you think it’s popeye?

I can't tell anything from the picture.

plants will be fine with the dose rate is put down

I can't tell anything from the picture.

plants will be fine with the dose rate is put down
Ok. That’s the best angel. I was trying to show how his eye isn’t popped out but it’s just a clear film I’ve his eye ball

Most reactions

Back