Popeye

Greener

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So as I was saying in another thread, my female betta died suddenly and had the popping eyes, now she shared water with 2 other bettas. Are there any other signs for popeye? or just the popping eye? I didn't notice it in her until she was dead. Also what meds are good for popeye? all I have at home is Betta fix. Oh and then they weren't in a glass tank it is some plastic type tank, what would be a good way to clean it?

Popeye can also come from an injury ,perhaps if she got under rushing water while you refilled the tank or something. I wouldn't medicate- just watch the others closely.

bettafix should clear up the popeye. but like others have said you need to assertain the root cause of the symptom then treat that accordingly.

Well I've taken out the remaining 2 and they are in 1 G bowls. These guys seem fine aren't acting weird, don't look like they have any fin rot or cuts, their eyes aren't popping, they are eating, not bloated. I'm thinking she must have had an injury... knock on wood so hopefuly the others will be fine, uninjured and non popeyed and I'll just have to keep my eyes on them and hope for the best. Then for cleaning out the tank I'm thinking of just using soap and hot water and then rinsing and rinsing and rinsing some more to make sure I get rid of anything that might have caused this and then to get rid of all the soap. Luckily I just divided my 10 G tank and had the bowls to spare, I think I'll just leave them in their bowls for a while, it will make my parents happy less water in my room.

Use salt and hot water alot better then soap.

Maracyn two, it says it treats popeye and I have had luck with it doing so.

Most reactions

Back