poorly female betta

Well i woke up this morning and she wouldn't eat her breakfast. Went for some breakfast myself and when i came back up an hour later she had died.

Feel very sad that lealou didn't make it but i'm glad she had a good last few days of peace. She has been buried in my garden under the rose bush.

RIP lealou :byebye:

tell your friend that i would love to put him in a fish tank with a shark and laugh at him!!!! :grr:

Atleast you tried to help!!

EDITED - removed the "bitchy" response.
My apologies.
I will let everyone figure out how to use MelaFix on their own, just like I had to.

Good luck.

RescueFishy said:
Well i woke up this morning and she wouldn't eat her breakfast. Went for some breakfast myself and when i came back up an hour later she had died.

Feel very sad that lealou didn't make it but i'm glad she had a good last few days of peace. She has been buried in my garden under the rose bush.

RIP lealou :byebye:
I'm so sorry she didn't make it.
You did a very good thing and gave her at least a few days of peace and quiet.

r.i.p., little girly.
:(

possibly someone who blames their mistake because they "weren't made aware" shouldn't consider themselves an expert, act as one and present information as one. an expert with experience would have KNOWN that would have happened. this informaton is come upon after years of fish involvement. this forum used to have great answers by professionals, which for some reason appear to be silent most of the time now. used to be discussions by many who have bred for years and have encountered different situations other than learning from newby walmart issues. rescuing bettas is admirable work and many of us also do it. my suggestion is that you should phrase your answers as friendly suggestions not expert. my answers? positively not expert, just a friendly suggestion. i lurked for a very long time before joining - now? finding somewhere else with correct professional information and involvement. goodbye and best wishes.

Uggh, just stop.

Rescuefishy....I'm sorry to hear of your girl :( She was probably just too far gone, at least you gave her a few days rest before she died.

You did a very good thing for her, giving her a chance like that, and letting her die peacefully, rather than allowing her to die as she would have if you hadn't brought her home. At least she's not suffering anymore.

minnieandpearl said:
possibly someone who blames their mistake because they "weren't made aware" shouldn't consider themselves an expert, act as one and present information as one. an expert with experience would have KNOWN that would have happened. this informaton is come upon after years of fish involvement. this forum used to have great answers by professionals, which for some reason appear to be silent most of the time now. used to be discussions by many who have bred for years and have encountered different situations other than learning from newby walmart issues. rescuing bettas is admirable work and many of us also do it. my suggestion is that you should phrase your answers as friendly suggestions not expert. my answers? positively not expert, just a friendly suggestion. i lurked for a very long time before joining - now? finding somewhere else with correct professional information and involvement. goodbye and best wishes.
Wow, I'm kinda blown away here.
I don't claim to be an expert - I am FAR from it. I was just trying to help someone from making the same mistake (yes, I made a mistake by following the directions on the bottle -_- ) in fact, you'll probably see me come here and ask for help more than a lot of people do. I'm not ever afraid to admit when I'm wrong - and if I make a mistake that possibly other people could learn from, you are darn right I'm going to share that info with them in an effort to save a fish.

I have a full time job, a son, 2 guinea pigs and now 13 fish. And I have a part time freelance design gig, not to mention several friendships to maintain. I don't exactly have even the time to dedicate to this place that I already do dedicate to it. *sigh* So, if it seems like I'm helping people less and less, maybe it's because I'm starting to get all my fish healthy and in order, and I just don't need to be on here less. Every single time I do stop by, though, I do help wherever I can.

As you will see, I have edited my prior post out. I will let people figure it out on their own, like I did.

I would like to think that I have contributed at least some expertise from the experiences I have been through - in fact, there was a time when I specifically helped you out, or at least tried to. I apologize for not remembering exactly what the issue was, but I do remember your name.

So... I'm sorry if I offended someone or upset you - I've retracted the whole garbled mess that I posted earlier. As I said, I'll let everyone figure it out on their own. :dunno:

So sorry Lealou didn't make it, but at least she wasn't eaten alive and you were able to give her some peace.

BetttaMomma, I for one appreciate any and all the advice you have given me. I want to know about other betta owner's personal experiences since you cannot always judge the best solution to a problem by what one reads on a bottle or one "expert's" opinion. Please don't take one person's opinion as gospel for what the rest of us think. I have been helped immensley by your experiences and your posts. I know that there are others who have been as well. We and the betta's need you!!!

Most reactions

Back