Poor Little Fishies

stiffler69

Fish Herder
Reaction score
To me common sense tells you when your tank is overstocked it should not be something you need to be told you brain should say to you thats far too many fish for such a small tank

Look at this guy and look at the starting price for a tank you can pick around £80 mark now i know they are exspensive fish but any serious fish keep wont want this stock its so incompatible and heavily overstocked.

item number 330212484494

eek! :crazy:

thats 42" of fish EXCLUDING PLECS!!! if they reach on average 15" say it will be around a 100" and they will produce a lot of waste because of size, you will need at least a 200g i think to be safe!

All those fish in a 40gal tank! Yikes! :crazy:

I approximate my 60 litre tank at 20 gal, so that makes this guy's 120 litres about 40 gal. That's US gal by my reckoning. You get less UK gals for your litre.

I approximate my 60 litre tank at 20 gal, so that makes this guy's 120 litres about 40 gal. That's US gal by my reckoning. You get less UK gals for your litre.

60 litres = 15 US gallons (13 UK) 120 litres = 30 US gallons (26UK)

That tank is shocking though. You don't even need to know anything about the fish to see from the picture that they can barely physically fit in there.

That tank is shocking though. You don't even need to know anything about the fish to see from the picture that they can barely physically fit in there.

Ah well, a slight miscalculation in the tank capacity, but the stocking density is just a guide. That said, it's like having a pair of oscars in my tank. They might enjoy munching on my neons and guppies, but they'd be too cramped.

Ah well, a slight miscalculation in the tank capacity, but the stocking density is just a guide. That said, it's like having a pair of oscars in my tank. They might enjoy munching on my neons and guppies, but they'd be too cramped.

Even if you were right at 40g, still massively overstocked!

Even if you were right at 40g, still massively overstocked!

That's what I thought anyway, with it being smaller, hey some people just won't be told and will try and put that cute 'little' common plec in a 20 gal, no matter what they're told.

Most reactions

Back