Poop or parasite?

Fancyfins12

Reaction score
They've been picking at the frog bit I added so could it be milky colored like the bottom of the plants..? Or does it look wormy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211220-150436_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-150436_Gallery.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 62
The fish is unwell. It is too thin and has clamped fins. Also some fin erosion. Do you deworm your fish? Can we have some background on the fish and tank please?

I’ve see goldfish poops that look exactly like that so far as I can tell from your pic. My best guess is that‘s what you have & it will drop off soon.

I’ve see goldfish poops that look exactly like that so far as I can tell from your pic. My best guess is that‘s what you have & it will drop off soon.
he seems to be clamping and thin which means he needs some deworming

feed the fish 3-5 times a day for a few weeks.

do big daily water changes and gravel cleans when feeding more often.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

deworm the fish, see section 3 of the following link.

The fish is unwell. It is too thin and has clamped fins. Also some fin erosion. Do you deworm your fish? Can we have some background on the fish and tank please?
What sort of background? I have about 15 1 inch mix of platty, Molly, guppy. They've been happy and healthy as far as I can tell for a year. I do regular water changes. I did just add a couple BSTs and some from bit from someone else's tank so very possible there was a transmission in there

A full history of the fish, tank, stock, maintenance routine, feeding routine, including current water test results and parameters helps us see what is going on.

Worm infections can last a long time without being noticable. When the number of parasites gets very high the fish will succumb. Follow the advice and in post #6.

yay im finally right for once 😅😅
feed the fish 3-5 times a day for a few weeks.

do big daily water changes and gravel cleans when feeding more often.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

deworm the fish, see section 3 of the following link.

Most reactions

Back