Pond Design Ideas And Location?

jjkremp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i currently have one koi and one gold fish as of this hour on this day they are two inches each rounded of just a lil bit though. im run a large apt complex and can gut out ponds if i so choose (personally think will attract nicer tenants anyways) i have 5 locations as follows my front under the stairs it is oval in shap measuring 4feet short width and 5 1/2 on the long side same goes for the mirror side which gets less sunlight ( about 2hrs a day midsummer 1/3hr winter) i have infront of my storage and apt 1 a large kidney like shaped area measures about 8feet long by 5 1/2 wide and 4feet wide on the shorter side gets 2hrs sunlight no matter the month then i have a large circle measuring 6feet in diameter however it has a 6 story california king palm in the middle of it which im not sure of i dont want to remove it and it can have up to 6 feet dug around it down ward and still hold steady it gets barly a ray of sun at anypoint except for winter it gets a hour or so i live in the foothill of the sierra nevada where summer range in excess of 110 degrees F and winters reach 15degrees F with NO snow or SLEET just frost also summer are dry. im saying this so all factors go into play now the questions is since i would like any of these spots which would be prime for it how deep how many additional fish can they hold and would my weather yearlong be fine for them also cycle a pond??? do ya do that?

i wouldnt put the pond under the stairs, most apartments stairs have open areas in them, and people walking up and down them alot and dirt and stuff from shoes drops in the pond , more work to clean. sun is good, fish look better with sun, just check out a pond that fully shaded with artificial lights and a pond that has real sun. some types of koi actually fade without sun. just put a uv clarifier for the green water and youll be fine.

BUT if theres no wahy of getting good sunlight, than i like the 6ft diameter spot. just build a concrete pond and have the palm tree in the center, like an island, should look really good.

Most reactions

Back