Pollution In Our Ocean

Fish are AWE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I didnt know where to put this post so i'll just post it in here. I would like to know any other forms of pollution is happening to our ocean instead of Carbondioxide, oil spills, garbage and toxic waste. Thank you

I didnt know where to put this post so i'll just post it in here. I would like to know any other forms of pollution is happening to our ocean instead of Carbondioxide, oil spills, garbage and toxic waste. Thank you

Rising sea temperatures are slowly kill the Coral Reefs.

Lead from buck shot and lost fishing tackle can cause lead poisoning in fresh water ponds/lakes - I guess it happens in the ocean also. I know birds sometimes eat the lead bits and die from lead poisoning. I used to live on yacht at a marina and I know that people will throw ANYTHING overboard :angry: - used nappies, left over paint, you name it :grr:
There is a river here in Queensland that is the most polluted river in Australia. It ran past an old gold-mining town and for decades, the mine just tipped the cyanide, used in the processing of the gold, into the river. The river is now dead, the rocks are flurescent orange and no longer flows. When there is a flood, the water washes out to sea and causes fish kills off the coast. There's alot of problems with phosphates being washed out to sea, as well, from household "grey water" and crop farm fertilizers. As any marine tank keeper would know, high phosphate levels cause algal blooms, which in turn kills off corals and fish. Locally, dredging of our harbor is causing all sorts of nasty problems with our seafood supply - diseased fish and crabs, turtles, dugong and dolphins washing up dead on the beach. Not a happy sea round here :no: :sad:

Most reactions

Back