Poll Who Wants The Old Forum Back

Do you like this new forum?

• Yes

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
I voted no to all.

Because I don't like the new style, but don't want the old one back, and it hasn't put me off using the forum.

If we didn't have progress and change then we'd still be apes bumbling around the forest, wouldn't have computers, or have reasonable internet.
Yeah alright it's new and very different, got a few kinks that need ironing out. But you have to give it a chance, I don't like it, but that's only cause I've not got used to it yet.
However you WILL get used to it, eventually once it's been fully set-up I reckon it will be better than the last version.

Stop complaining...it's only been up for a few days!

I don't really get why everyone is hating the new style? It's working fine, and it's just a little different.

Here's a quote from our Joint Admin, Tolak, which I think sums up the state of play at the moment.
Think Kitchen re-fit.

So far we have the floor installed, and cabinets hung, counters are going in, sink & other devices to be hooked up shortly. Is the kitchen completely functional yet? No, but there is room for all the pots, pans, dishes, it is usable. Once the counters & sink go in we are waiting on a couple of matching 2" trim pieces for next to the stove, they have to match the new cabinets.

It is very similar with here, functional, but the little things that make it complete need to be done, and will be done. Expect a skin that looks like the old one shortly.

So, with our new imaginary kitchen, it takes a little getting used to how the faucets work, the door & drawers open, where switches for lights & the disposal are located, and so on. Same thing applies here, we certainly aren't done remodeling, excuse our dust for lack of a better phrase!

Why? Enhanced functionality, better security measures.

Please be patient we are all trying our hardest to bring you a bright new look with added functionality.

ATB
C

For now it's business as usual and it's feeling gooooood

I really like the way the PMs are laid out now. No switching back and forth between sent and incoming to be able to follow your own mail and no need to keep copying the old message into the new one just to be able to read it in context. Instead, a PM looks like a thread and you just read it from top to bottom to see everything in context. I know that the skins to make the forum look familiar are being worked on so that is a short term irritation for most of us. There is a to do list worked up that lists concerns and problems people are having doing things, so that we can mark them off as they get resolved. An example of something on the list is the calculator that used to be available in the top of the forum page. It should also be obvious that periodic upgrades in software are a must to avoid vulnerabilities that mature software inevitably have exposed, as someone above already said in some detail. The main thing with new software is getting that familiar look back so that people know how to use it. That is being addressed.

give it time , i wasnt to keen when it changed but thats just cos im old and dont like change , we will all get used to it in no time :good:

A forum is a forum. Each one seems slightly different. What I am really troubled by is the lack of Fishy on the forum Banner!!!

People will get used to the changes, just give them time.

Most reactions

Back